Chapel of the Transfiguration and Rustic Fence
Chapel of the Transfiguration Entrance
Chapel of the Transfiguration Interior
Chapel of the Transfiguration Altar Window in Fall
Chapel of the Transfiguration Altar Window in Spring
“Winter” Stained Glass
“Summer” Stained Glass
Chapel of the Sacred Heart Entrance
Chapel of the Sacred Heart Interior
“Sacred Heart” Stained Glass
There are two historic churches within Grand Teton National Park near Jackson, Wyoming. The Chapel of the Transfiguration is an Episcopalian church that is located near the main Visitor Center for the park. It was built in 1925 out of lodge pole pines, with pews made of quaking aspen that was cut in the valley. The window behind the altar perfectly frames the Cathedral Group of the Teton mountain peaks. The beautiful stained glass windows featuring winter and summer were created by artist Jessie van Brunt. This church is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Chapel of the Sacred Heart is a Roman Catholic church that is located on the south shore of Jackson Lake. It was built in 1937 and features a rustic wood interior with a stained glass window of the Sacred Heart. Both historic churches are popular places for weddings and photography.